Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

soon to leave

13. September 2005

Thank you very much for all the comments that I got after posting new pictures on the blog. One friend accused (!!) me J of doing too much fun stuff while I’m supposed to be working very hard for my masters.

But my dear C. of Th. You know it’s just not very fun to take pictures of me in the office. You’d tell me, man, Daria your pics are booooring…

Xesch und dorum hani halt villi föteli vo mir während mire Freizit J

Plus some of the office work I do is quite boring indeed.

First typing all the translated interviews into word. Then when I finally managed that after 1 month of constant typing (Which made my hand bones almost give up) (I had 32 indepth interviews and 4 Focus Group Discussions (those are much longer…) I could start coding them. Meaning highlighting certain bits of text and assign a code to them (i.e. perception of net)… Well actually it is not really boring. The work I do is interesting but it can get quite repetitive…

Inbetween I also learned how to use a statistics program and that qualitative analysis programm…

Yep and in a few days I’ll be going to Zanzibar again. Ein guter Freund kommt mich aus der Schweiz besuchen, und wir touren in Sansibar und Tansania herum (Selous Game Reserve) und vielleicht reicht es sogar nochmals nach Ikwiriri zu gehen. Die Leute dort scheinen mich zu vermissen (ich krieg immer wieder einmal Anrufe und SMS) J...

Übrigens, bitte erwartet nicht eine braungebrannte spindeldürre Daria... Bin meistens im Büro wo es keine Sonne hat und das Essen hier ist üppig und gut.. J

Nur so als Vorwarnung, hehe.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?